I started off the month with a bit of realism, but maybe not enough. It was way too easy to get off track with even the best laid intentions. So how did I do with my goals?
- Focus on high interest credit card. Well, I focused. Unfortunately, I didn't make any headway. The good news is I'm not any worse of than I was.
- Call the company and see if they will lower the interest rate. Well, that didn't happen. I will have to put that at the top of my list for 2008.
- Snowball payments from debts I've paid off in November to this card. In trying to get through Christmas without going further into debt, I ended up putting extra money towards the holidays instead.
- Choose Christmas presents that are useful even a year from now. Wrapping should also be reusable, recyclable, or a gift in itself. This I was successful at. I kept costs to a minimum. I shopped at my favorite non-profit store that sends all profits to area organizations. I also purchased locally from artisans and used reusable wrap.
- Bump up my monthly contribution towards my Roth IRA to $75. Done.
I'm still working on those New Year's Resolutions, but as I'm leaving tomorrow for the trip I missed Christmas Eve, I'm not sure when those will get posted. If I'm not able to post until I get back, I wish all of you and yours a very prosperous, happy, and debt free New Year!