Friday, November 9, 2007

The Weakening Dollar - How Will It Affect You?

I love reading about personal finance and investing, but I'm not always good at sharing information. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to tell you the next big investment. Nobody really owns that crystal ball unless they can spot the trendy investments and grab onto the coat tails. I also believe in taking everything with a grain of salt. One of the "investment gurus" that everyone is familiar with is Jim Cramer, the loud and obnoxious advisor seen nightly on MSNBC. Well he also hosts a website called thestreet.com. While checking out Yahoo!Finance, I found this fascinating article featured on TheStreet by Jeffrey Strain, 5 Ways To Survive The Dollar's Dive.
The article outlines 5 areas that the decreased value of the dollar will affect our lives and offers some helpful advice on how to prepare for it, including paying off as much variable interest rate debts as possible because banks will increase interest rates to appeal to foreign investors.

Check out the full article at http://www.thestreet.com/s/5-ways-to-survive-the-dollars-dive/funds/the-financial-advisor/10389112.html

No comments: