Monday, March 24, 2008

The Tax Man Cameth

I know it was my money already, but that doesn't make the day I receive my tax refund check any less exciting. Due to decent planning, my check was only a few hundred dollars. You may ask why that's a good thing, but it means that I didn't loan the government much interest free money.

My first stop was to make a 2nd payment on a Visa card. The second stop was to a department store to pay off a card. Yes, I agree that store cards are high interest, but this one is a rewards card and I pay it off quickly if not monthly. Felt good!

I did the shift this weekend, but didn't work as many hours as I hoped. At least I was able to put $5 towards my emergency fund and fill up the tank of my car. Tomorrow I have a taste test that will bring in another $20 for my emergency fund.

Lastly, I received an email from a local college asking me if I was still interested in participating in a mock jury. If I fit the criteria I will earn $100 for 5 hours of work. That will be a nice addition to the pot.

No comments: