Sunday, September 23, 2007

Keep Focus On Goals

Focus. That's the topic for No Credit Needed's Day of 33 Days and 33 Ways to Saving Money and Reducing Debt. I admit that I've been struggling with my focus lately. Having to buy a new car was not in my plans and it really put a crimp in my debt reduction schedule, but I have a confession... I really like my new car. So as long as I'm in this place, I may as well make it work for me.

Coming up in the next month, I'm going to challenge myself with bringing in an extra $20 per week to go towards my debt. I've managed to pay off 3 debts which will not snowball into the other debts like I had planned, but rather it will now go towards my car payment. I will be paying off one more debt in October. That will snowball into the larger debts.

I will also evaluate my progress on my goals for this month. I know I didn't succeed at all of my goals, but that doesn't mean I need to abandoned them. Now is the time to push forward and remind myself of why I'm doing this.

No comments: