If you've been following The Simple Dollar's One Hour Projects, today's posting is a wrap up of all of Trent's excellent ideas for taking control of finances.
- Write a To Do list ~ Catch up on all of those items you've been putting off
- Fine tune your budget ~ When is the last time you checked the numbers
- Write that letter ~ Do you have a complaint or compliment letter that you've been putting off?
- Call your credit card companies ~ Ask about lowering your interest rates
- Call your insurance company ~ Do you have enough insurance, too much insurance, or just the right amount?
- File that box of paperwork that's piling up ~ You know you have one
- Shred that paperwork that you don't need to save ~ You don't really need to keep statements from more than seven years ago unless its business or tax related
- Write you menu for the week ~ It helps keep the grocery bill down