Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Baby Its Cold Outside! And I just want to hibernate.

Well, I went to the first night of my auction and while I saw a few really good deals, I restrained myself. The items I was going to bid on went for more than I was willing to pay. (And that's sad to say considering I was buying for someone else with their money.) Tonight was the last night and the night of the final two lots I was considering, but I have to confess that I couldn't bring myself leave the warmth of my apartment or the comfort of my couch.

This is a good night, however, to catch up on year end projects. I received a $60 check for my Flexible Spending Account and an update that there is still $18.56 to be reimbursed. I need to find those final receipts for over the counter medication I've been holding onto.

I'm also pulling together tax information so I can sit down and finish it by this weekend. I know I'm getting a refund and I'd like to get it sooner rather than later to bring down my debt load and possible take advantage of January mattress sales. (Most likely the mattress will be put off for another year, but its always fun to have a wish list.)

Finally, when I'm done with this post I need to plan my menu for this week and next. I've been working off the cuff, but if I keep this up I will eventually rely on dining out. So far, I've spent $5 total this week including a meal at Taco Bell and two bags of chips for a snack at work.

Nights like this are a great time to take care of those to-do items we prefer to ignore. Keep a list of items for just such a night, pop in a DVD, curl up and feel the satisfaction of a job well done. What things are on your list?

Debt Repayment Progress - $60 towards debt from FSA reimbursement.

No comments: