I realize Valentines Day is a day to celebrate love and remind that significant other how you feel about them. Unfortunately, those of us that are presently single often get left out of the equation. Personally, I think that we singles need to take this day and treat ourselves too.
In need of some ideas?
- Make yourself a great meal. This is the time of year when luxury foods go on sale like steak, lobster, seafood, champagne, etc. You don't have to go whole hog. Just spend a bit more time and enjoy the experience of cooking and savor the flavor.
- Go to the gym and do something good for yourself. Drop in on a class you haven't tried before.
- Throw in a movie, make a bowl of popcorn, and relax.
- Turn off the T.V., unplug the phone, and read a good book.
- Go grocery shopping. Research shows that's where the new pick up scene is.