Saturday, February 16, 2008

Improving Personal Finance Management

Over at No Credit Needed, NCN has posted questions for the Personal Finance Community to answer. If you could improve one area of your personal finance management, what would it be?Personally, my biggest challenge is to keep to my budget. I tend to get a bit overeager to pay off debt and don't always budget enough for daily expenses. When this happens I find that my snowflakes make their way to supplement my budget instead of going towards debt. It’s not a good cycle.

To help counter this problem, I save one dollar bills and change from purchases. The dollar bills get stashed in an envelope for the last few days before the next paycheck. The change gets saved in a glass jar. When I reach a certain level in the jar, I take it to the bank, cash it in, and put it towards credit card debt.

No comments: