My goal this month was to take my lunch at least three days per week to work and to earn an additional $100 per month. I'm happy to say that I've succeeded with the extra $100. That was done in one day with $25 for a taste test and $75 for a market research study. The other part has been a bit hit or miss. Last week, a friend at work kept asking me to join her for lunch because the person she normally eats lunch with was out of town. I think I brought my lunch (and ate my lunch) only once. This week I'm 1 to 1 and in a better place. I can say that I've only spent $1 at the corner store for an afternoon snack. I've kept a healthier supply in my desk drawer.
Just in case you're curious, I keep my snack drawer stocked with:
- A can of soup - for when I forget my lunch or don't have a chance to pick something up
- A box of crackers - I also keep a small chuck of cheese in the fridge at work
- A jar of peanut butter - to prevent morning trips to Starbuck's if my tummy is gnawing
- Granola bars - to stave of afternoon munchies
- Two Hershey's kisses - one must be prepared for that evil need for chocolate
- A can of Tuna fish - another lunch safety net