Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sometimes You Need To Power Through a Tough Month

Between the stress of being over extending this month and the inspiration of a 20-something blogger by the name of Saving For A House Of My Own, I have been brainstorming ways to increase my income.

I did get my interest rate lowered on one of my credit cards and I made a payment on another today. That makes me feel a bit better, but I'm still short by about $100 for the month. So, my first step was to take back the pop cans from work and home. I drink most of the pop at work, so no one has any issue with me taking them back. Today's bounty was $3.65. Next, I started collecting those items that need to go on ebay. I put two items up today and have a few more to go tomorrow. I've also been checking out Craigslist to see if there are any market research projects that are looking for participants. I will be participating in a taste test next week which will bring in $20.

Where do you look if you need to make extra cash? Do you rely on the cushions of the couch? Do you partner with area businesses that may need a helping hand occassionally? Post a comment and share your ideas.

No comments: